• Welcome to Wiseway Pellet Stove Community. Please login or sign up.

My chimney configuration

Started by binners, March 21, 2019, 05:16:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

binners

March 21, 2019, 05:16:51 pm Last Edit: March 24, 2019, 01:13:59 pm by binners
Hi Jaron,
  I did as the manual said and cleaned all pellets and ash out of the burn chambers and the ash tray.  I used the propane torch to heat it up to 200 before letting pellets in and left the primary burn chamber door off until it was up to 400 degrees.  It burned great until I opened the vent to cool it down some.  I went for a walk and when I came back, 40 min. later, the stove had pretty much gone out.  I still had pellets.  What can I do about this.  Also, I have purchased the vacu stack chimney top and will install that when it comes.

Brenda

Jaron

Are you using the torch initially until it gets to 450 - 500? You can also look into getting a 4" Vacu-Stack, that decreases downdrafts caused by wind.
https://www.shopchimney.com/4-vacu-stack-stainless-steel.html
Currently burning the Wiseway Camp Stove prototype

binners

No.  I haven't been getting the temp that high.  I will check into the vacustack.  Does my chimney need to be above the roof?

binners

Do I leave the flue open while heating the s\stove?

Tabby

Hi Brenda,

I wanted to go over some of your questions you had for Jaron.  Like Jaron stated, you really need to be useing the torch to get the temperature up to 450 - 500 degrees when you first start up the Wiseway.  You should also leave the flue closed when starting up the Wiseway.  Don't open up the flue until your ready to maintain the temperature or to lower the temperature.  As far the chimney goes, yes it is preferable that the chimney is above the roof so you establish a good draw.  Hope this helps.

Tabby